Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thoughts lead to Thumbellina

Sweet violets, sweeter than the roses,
Covered all over from head to toe,
Covered all over with sweet violets.


There once was a farmer who took a young miss
In back of the barn where he gave her a
Lecture on horses and chickens and eggs,
And told her that she had such beautiful
Manners that suited a girl of her charms,
A girl that he wanted to take in his
Washing and ironing and then, if she did,
They could get married and raise lots of

Sweet violets, sweeter than the roses,
Covered all over from head to toe,
Covered all over with sweet violets.

The girl told the farmer that he'd better stop
And she called her father and he called a
Taxi and got there before very long,
'Cause someone was doing his little girl
Right for a change and so that's why he said,
"If you marry her, son, you're better off
Single because it has been my belief,
That marriage will bring a man nothing but

Sweet violets, sweeter than the roses,
Covered all over from head to toe,
Covered all over with sweet violets.

The farmer decided he'd wed anyway,
And started in planning for his wedding
Suit, which he purchased for only one buck,
But then he found out he was just out of
Money and so he got left in the lurch,
Standing and waiting in front of the
End of this story which just goes to show,
All a girl wants from a man is his

Sweet violets, sweeter than the roses,
Covered all over from head to toe,
Covered all over with sweet violets.


This was an interesting weekend. I had tina up, and we watched Bridget Jones Diary and I microwaved the popcorn for 4 minutes almost burning the house down. I also went to a Kurt Elling concert in the city with my dad, marybeth and jim and pretty much hated it. My dad asked me once we were quietly packed into the lincoln jazz center elevator what I thought, and I told him.

I didn't want to seem ungrateful, but I'm not a fan. I appreciate his talent but it just isn't my cup of tea- that I'd make, in my tea maker.

I also went home to somerset to have dinner with my mom and rod and josh, and to have coffee with joe. Joe was home to see his sister and his newborn niece Ava, and made time to see me too. We had a really nice time. He also went with me to walmart to find my super grover costume for the party I'm attending next weekend that has the theme of the letter "G".

It was really nice to see joe, and I miss him already. I can't really trust myself with him. I would like to be with him but I would also like to be single. So I'm going to be single and not worry myself with other boys (as much as I can) and just try and do whats right for me.

And then He texted me late last night. I had almost texted him before I went to bed, but I figured that if his girlfriend (why did I hesitate to write that?) was still there it wouldnt make sense to text him and then wonder about his nonexistant response. So then right as I was drifting to sleep he texted me. From what I have come to gather its pretty much just a thrill for him, basically an affair- although not entirely sexual since we don't see each other and because he always speaks so excitedly about how wonderful it is to "have words" with me. He claims it is rare to find someone like me to talk to. Obviously his initial feelings of romantic attachment are gone or lessened by either our meeting or his recent time with his girlfriend, because he seems to show no signs of feeling guilty (ie no signs of having taken me seriously) and if anything only a stronger more energetic desire to relive our (in my mind deliciously memorable) tussle.

So thats whats on my mind. Joe- Him- and jeremy who I'll be seeing this weekend, who at this point only exists to motivate me to show him up and be incredible.

I start working over at carmel's office tomorrow. I'd better get to bed.


names for joe's niece Ava:

little miss sunshine
sweet little baby friend
strawberry shortcake
little miss muffet
little lady
lovely lady girl
sweet little sugarbaby
thumbellina

more to come.

No comments: