I haven't written in a while.
The reason for this has been that I started a new job, which required me to wake up early and therefore- go to bed by 11. Now that my nights are cut in half, and with my recent interest in spending time at the gym, after eating dinner there is rarely time to do more than sit on the couch and watch an hour and a half of MSNBC with my dad before I hit the sack and start all over.
I'm not really complaining. In fact, I like the way my weeks have been shaping up. Aside from the fact that my girlfriend lives in new brunswick and if we want to get together during the week I have to suffer sleep deprivation at work the next day- I couldn't really plan the week any better. I hang out with Christina or Irene (or both) on the weekends, and get to see my mom and brothers and new puppy as well. Everyone is happy.
However this means that as far as reading and writing go-- its pretty much been resigned to working on Law School deadlines and not much else. To be honest, it is only occassionally that I feel like I am missing something. Though to be sure, I find my job really incredibly boring.
I work at an environmental engineering firm not too far from where I live, and its been an interesting experience so far. Despite the fact that I am the bottom of the barrel, I am in a unique position since I am the only person in the office (outside of the IT dept) who knows everyone/works with everyone in the office, both sides, federal and municipal.
As a result, I get along best with the other Admins and of course, the IT dept. There are many things I like about this job. I like the fact that everyone in the office knows who I am, and how that opens up every person on the floor to a possible relationship. There are that many opportunities to know someone and have a relationship, granted professional, with people in all different points in their life. I think this makes people uncomfortable sometimes.
So today I'm stuck up at reception because Kia is out sick. I have H.G. Wells War of the Worlds but I feel like writing. The plan for this weekend is to go see christina and sit poolside with a margarita in hand, and try not to burn too badly.
In other news, my arms are stronger from working out, and my leg muscles are intense- but I still have a long way to go to get my heart rate down when I'm working out. I'm not in terrible shape, but I am not used to excersize so I have a long way to go. Right now I'm at 127 pounds and where I'd like to be is at 115. Thats not bad, it's only 10 pounds but the trick is that I want to be a defined 115. And since muscle weighs more than fat that means I'll have to trim down a lot in order to be the 115 distribution I want.
I'm doing what I can so far- reducing my carbs to the bare minimum my will power will allow and going to the gym. I dont eat pasta anymore or potatos, and try my best not to eat bread. the hardest part really is the sugar. Alcohol has lots of sugar in it, so that makes it difficult, and I've decided I'm not giving up alcohol. haha. Chocolate cake- yes, alcohol- no.
Though the other day at the gym I was running on the treadmill when someone brought a pizza in to the fitness center- all I could think of was how disgusting it smelled. I think it was because I associated it with time on the treadmill. haha Pavlov would be sweating.
Also I'm thinking that I should find my pilates dvd and start it up again while I'm home on the weekends if I can find time.
This post has been entirely about working out and working in and its ridiculous but oh well. I'll post something more interesting in a minute... well maybe more interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment